Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Joan Rivers is the Key?: Regeneration and Transformation for Dreamers

I saw Joan Rivers this morning on tv.  They were advertising her new show.  She was in a car, with a girl friend of hers, smoking medical marijuana....I remember Ms. Rivers when I was a child.  She was funny then.  I think she still is.    Can't she get in trouble?  Does she have her medical marijuana card?  And why were they doing it in a car?  It wasn't moving, so I guess that isn't against the law...somewhere, who knows?  You are probably wondering, what the heck does this have to do with Regeneration and Transformation for Dreamers?  That would be a good question to ask.  I have been asking it all day.  I mean , why am I pondering the existence of Joan Rivers' marijuana use.  I don't remember her smoking marijuana though, when I was younger that is. Do you? For some reason it hit me as being a bit odd--even for Joan Rivers.  So all day as I wrote my book, and applied for a few jobs, this vision of Joan hitting the ganja has infiltrated my thoughts.  Typing, typing, typing and then all of a sudden I am finding myself contemplating Joan Rivers.  I had another topic I was going to write about today, but for whatever reason Joan kept poking at me.  And I think I know why now.

If there is one thing a person could say about Joan Rivers is that she never gave a damn about what other people thought about her.  At least thats the way I have seen her.  All her crazy comedy.  Crazy life.  She was the "what the Hell" girl.  If I could ask Joan a question (and if anyone out there reading this knows Joan--please ask her) has Joan's whatever attittude ever failed her?  I would love to hear a story from Joan about how she bombed.  Whether on stage or in film or tv, I need to know Joan.  Have you bombed?  I mean, really stunk up the placed bombed?  The--I have to go hide until the next lunar eclipse, type of bomb?   Okay, now you must be really confused.  Let me put it all together for you in the next paragraph.

Joan smoked weed. On tv.  In a car.  I am thinking that is a bit risky.  Do you agree?  Yet she did it.  Pushed the proverbial "envelope" again.  Was she scared?  Did she worry what people would think?  Worse, what they would do?  I am sure she did.  And if not, one of her Posse certainly must have voiced a small concern.  Yet, somewhere in Joan's soul she said...ahh, &^%&$  I am going for the laugh. Get the big thrill. Joan is "throwing down!"  Now some of you may see her act as childish, or illegal or stupid and inconsequential.  And there is good logic to  support your argument.  But, what Joan did is something that needs to go into the bag of tricks I am collecting to assist in the Regeneration and Transformation.  Standup comedy, arguably, has to be the most difficult of the performing arts.  The immediacy and intensity of failure is immense.  Not for Joan.  I wonder if there should be an eleventh commandment "Though Shall Not Fear Failure!" 

If anyone knows a gravestone engraver  contact me.  I need something scratched on my tablets to put in my bag of tricks.









No comments:

Post a Comment